Monday, August 28, 2006

Tip the Sea, Sip the Tea


Summer time and the wind is blowing outside in lower Chelsea, and I don't know what I'm doing in this city. The sun is always in my eyes. It crashes through the windows, and I'm sleeping on the couch. When I came to visit you that's when I knew I could never have you. I knew that before you did. Still I'm the one who's stupid. And there's this burning. Like there's always been. I never been so alone. And I've never been so alive.

Visions of you on a motorcycle drive by. The cigarette ash flies in your eyes, and you don't mind. You smile and say the world doesn't fit with you. I don't believe you. You're so serene Careening through the universe. Your axis on a tilt. You're guiltless and free. I hope you take a piece of me with you.

And there's things I'd like to do that you don't believe in. I would like to build something, but you never see it happen.

And there's this burning like there's always been. I've never been so alone, and I've, I've never been so alive. And there's this burning. There is this burning.

Where's the soul I want to know.

New York City is evil.
The surface is everything, but I could never do that. Someone would see through that.

And this is our last time we'll be friends again. I'll get over you, you'll wonder who I am.

And there's this burning. Just like there's always been. I've never been so alone, alone, and I've, and I've never been so alive. So alive.

I go home to the coast, it starts to rain. I paddle out on the water alone taste the salt and taste the pain.

I'm not thinking of you again.

Summer dies, and swells rise. The sun goes down in my eyes. See this rolling wave darkly coming to take me home.

And I've never been so alone.
And I've never been so alive...

17 Comments:

Blogger abz said...

now, imagine them singing that to u live. :P and they sooooooo did.

4:21 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

abz,
You just want me to hate you, don't you. ;)

5:31 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Wouldn't you like,
Great song. No I wasn't with Liz at that concert. I didn't even know she went. Now I'm mad at her and Abby for not asking me to go.

7:39 PM  
Blogger abz said...

like u would've flown to wi to catch that show. they played florida??

8:52 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

ya, they played Florida, but I was in NYC when they were here. I've got the worst time and unforeseen occurrences. ;)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Marvelous said...

that's a song? duuude you got me! I seriously thought it was a great entry!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Marvelous said...

I love this entry.. And I didn't know it was a song! You had me fooled! lol Who sings it??? I want the CD!

7:23 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

nydia,
If it makes you feel any better I took the picture. :)

The band is Third Eye Blind. It's from their first album. I really love that album.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Dante the Inferno said...

God... that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a freind of a friend.
Smiled and said "Yes, I think we've met before."
In that instant it started to pour.

We captured a taxi despite all the rain
And we drove in silence across Port Champlain.
All of that time you thought I was sad.
I was trying to remember your name.

There's one thing I want to say,
So I'll be brave.
You were what I wanted,
I gave what I gave.

I'm not sorry I met you.
I'm not sorry it's over.
I'm not sorry there's nothing to say.
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save.

...live through this, and you wont look back...


Just some lyrics I thought you'd appreciate. You may know it already - I dunno.

11:36 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Dante,
I love "Stars". And yes, great lyrics. thank you.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that is one good cd! Thats is also 1 good song!

8:58 AM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Nessa,
Ya, I've always loved this album. It's haunted me since the first day I heard it 10 years ago.

Rosha,
The band is Third Eye Blind. It's from their first album.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Lissy said...

you already know how i feel about this song and third eye blind for that matter.

all i have to say is, i went, i saw, and i touched stephen jenkins thumb. mmmmm hmmm

9:25 AM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Lissy,
I love listening to this album because it reminds me of when we used to go driving and sing it together. Though I didn't know half the words and would make up my own.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I first want to say that I am and have always been obsessed with this song! I thought you all would think it was cheesy so I am so glad to hear that you share my appreciation. And Lizzy I hate you for touching his thumb ;-)

11:41 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Victoria,
Don't be a hater, just cut off lizzy thumb the next time you see her so you can have something he touched.
Don't be afraid to tell us you like songs that you think are cheesy. We already know you are cheesy so it will make absolutely no difference. Plus this song is NOT cheesy. I don't know anyone who thinks so.

11:12 PM  
Blogger abz said...

there's nothing cheesy about that song! it's awesome! or 3eb for that matter...ok maybe when they were huge and almost every song off their 1st was a huge it, but now they r officially cool again. mainly becuz i say so. :P

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home