Monday, July 17, 2006

Young Samuel To Shiloh From infancy Grew


This is my spiritual heritage.

When in first grade I went to a witness private school. My mom cleaned the school, in turn they let me attend without paying.

For Parent night we were to put on a skit. The theme "Kingdom Songs" was chosen. I was to take part in acting out song 221. I dreamt of being Timothy. At the time I thought I would make the perfect Timothy. Casting calls came and my name fell beside Samuel. It could have been worse, it could have fallen beside young Israelite girl.

Being four I had not yet perfected my acting talent, so the focus was laid on making me the perfect costume. I was told to practice my walk. Apparently I was to be the runway model version of Samuel. The music, song 221, was to play as I walked up and down the stage until the section about Samuel was over. My job was; walk, don't talk, and be cute. None of which I was particularly good at.

The big day came. My mom took me to my barber, whom my dad and I nicknamed "The Butcher". I never knew Samuel got his hair cut by a retired navy barber. Being four I assumed my mom knew more about this than I.

Arriving at the school I put on my "outer garments". As I tied the Karate-Kid-like sash around my head my nerves kicked in. Just when I thought I might not make it I saw the boy who ws chosen to be Timothy. My instincts took over and I knew what my mission was. I was to be such the perfect Samuel that everyone would forget all about Timothy and dream from then on of Samuel.

I was so focused on this that I did not notice the music had already begun. No one there that night ever for got about Samuel and his dramatic entrance. And I, I dreamt of Samuel from then on.

TIMOTHY WHO?!

4 Comments:

Blogger SillyAlicat said...

You weren't kidding about your spelling crisis. Yup, I went there :-D

12:02 AM  
Blogger SillyAlicat said...

My PADI license came today! Turns out the picture is in color. I look like a drugged up, tanned swiss miss.

11:14 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Silly,
I've never claimed to be a good speller, especially when I'm all messed up with some freaky sickness.

I got my picture taken the other day. I had forgotten to pay and Gay said she knew someone as sweet as me would come back, but she didn't want to pay Berry his commision until I did. lol. My picture is from right after I took off my helmet, so let's just say I look like a giant mushroom. :(

2:38 PM  
Blogger SillyAlicat said...

We'll I'm glad to see you've got a fault. Brings you down to level with the rest of us mortals ;-)
You already kind of looked like a mushroom without the helmet so I can't wait to see your picture!
Speaking of pictures....???
Is bErry you're new petname for him?

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home