Monday, July 17, 2006

Some Day You Will Get The Best Of Me.

I sit in bed with a sickness whose origin I know not. Following the old adage “Misery loves company”, Rondal has received the same ailment. I am on a mission now to convince myself not to feed the toilet the way a mother bird would her chicks. I’ve already given enough to feed a flock. I don’t know how super models do it. Although, I do have some advice to give in this area; if you ever feel you might throw up eat strawberries! Why strawberries you ask? Because they smell good. I’ve never had better smelling hurl in my life. Except for the fact my face was inside a toilet, it was quite refreshing.

This past week we had visitors from bonnie old Brooklyn. It was nice to take a vacation with in a vacation. Rondal and I had done our best to spend as little as possible before they came. Once Alison and Oxanna arrived we let caution fly and opened up our wallets for untold delights.

During this time we decided to figure out what restaurants we liked the most. Apparently, Oxanna liked them all and insisted at the end of each meal that we remember the said place for a later return. In the end her Ukrainian stomach wasn’t Russian enough, and she found herself with a bout of stomach tickles. I felt privileged to see such greatness fall. Although, I’m not totally convinced she is Ukrainian, for what Ukrainian drinks “Wild Turkey” and “Blue Ribbon Beer”? I think she is actually a Tennessean with a bad Russian accent. I must give her props for facing the underwater world with courage. Having never even held her breath underwater this steel souled girl decided to try scuba diving. Finding a near death experience enough fulfill her diving dreams she spent the rest of her time on dry land.

Then there was the infamous accident. Memories fade, but scars are forever. Note for self; never take a moped with only one barely working break and a jumpy accelerator down a 45 degree decline gravel road.

The underwater world is wonderful. Plus it’s excellent for practicing your break dancing moves. Can you spin on your head with your legs spread apart on land? Besides the break dancing we saw sea turtles, every fish you could think of, lobsters, eels, endless coral… It felt like you were inside a giant saltwater aquarium. It’s like nothing else you’ve ever experienced.

French songs make me think of living in foreign lands. Are we still planning on living in Paris?

5 Comments:

Blogger SillyAlicat said...

I think a blog needs to be created just to keep track of all the crazy happenings: Oksana's "drowning incident" as she calls it, Rondal's near fatal sabotage, and all the many others. You're right, memories fade but my scars will tell the story of our day on the moped for years to come.
We probably all got the same thing and it took a week to hit us. Fever, hurling, and all that good stuff isn't just a coincidence, unless you're Russian. Oxy advises you to eat Russian potatoes (not the Irish variety)
You're forgetting about how much fun underwater tag is when people (won't mention any names) cheat!
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2127/1120/1600/La%20La%20La%20006.jpg

5:18 PM  
Blogger SillyAlicat said...

What does a girl have to do to get a link around here?
Blog comments, like email subjects are life's little joys ;)

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i WILL be a rescue diver!

11:47 AM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Silly,
As a dear friend of mine once said, "Links are too Political"

Oxy,
Sure you will, sure you will. Please don't try and save me if you do, ok?

2:46 PM  
Blogger SillyAlicat said...

We went to the movies the other day and there was a preview for some dive and rescue movie taking place in Alaska. Ox leans over and says 'I WILL be a rescue diver' and I patted her arm and said 'Sure you will, but first try and put your face underwater'
Dreams can come true, but I think there is a clause to that (*except if you're Russian/Ukranian)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home