Thursday, November 30, 2006

Adver-tease


Is it wrong how much I seem to like the old navy and gap christmas songs? Or all their other commercials?





I think so. The problem is it's not just the latest comercials. Many of my friends will remember my short obsessions with the gap comercial that had "Jasmine on my mind" playing in the back ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2SGIZBnAKA I could have watched that commercial for days!


Do I buy anything at gap or old navy? Not really. Do I appreciate their forcing mainstream artists to create such catchy toons, or tricking actors into dancing like fools, or paying models to lipsing? You bet ya I do!

2 Comments:

Blogger SillyAlicat said...

Performance fleece...ooh it's fine. Performance fleece, I'll be there at 9. Damn them! Years later and still remember the words!

Personally, I liked the Mellow Yellow Gap Commercial. I thought that was particularly catchy. Oh, and Just Can't Get Enough.

You're right. Common has a way of selling a hoodie. Suddenly, I find myself in desperate need for one. How very sad.

10:42 AM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Silly,
The mellow yellow commercial was one of the best. Stupid song was in my head for months! Good thing I'm poor or I'd be shoping there every day!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home