Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Mind Of A Child

I’m sitting in the local coffee house studying at about sunset. Outside a man plays a guitar. As the sun sets its light reflects off the metal parts of the guitar and onto the inside wall. In front of me a small girl sits, wide eyed, staring at the wall, watching the reflecting light dance to the beat of the man’s guitar strokes outside. Her mind is captured and consumed by the connective movement and distant sound.

-and the concept of the music video was born.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan Foster said...

Is it in 4/4? Huh? Huh? Is it? Oh, could it be?

Of course it is! Crazy Rockers and their predictable timing!!!!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Athos-
It very well could have been. I actually had my headphones on at the time. He looked like a definite 4/4 though, with a little bit of change up maybe, hence the reason why I had my headphones on.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

I think alot of people don't know how to do anything else but 4/4. It's easy, simple, straighforward and catchy, why bother with anything else? I don't use that philosophy in music, but oh well.

Though, I do enjoy variety in my music, and time changes are good way to achieve that.

Rosha - An 8th of what? If it was 8/4 or 8/8 its basically still 4/4 just faster. 8/10 or 8/5 or something on the other hand would be seriously hard to do.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Johnathan Foster said...

8th note..... 1/8 of a whole note.....uh....anyone?

5:07 PM  
Blogger beyondthestairs said...

Yes, but can you play a 16th, you crazy rocker you?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Smapdi said...

I know what an 8th note is Athos, im not retarded, but we were on the topic of timing, a whole note would vary in how long it is depending on the timing and pace.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home